RECRUITMENT NO. : 1873
PROGRAM : Oahu Family Visitation Centers
JOB TITLE : Visitation Monitor (on-call)
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : On Call
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Nov 30, 2017
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : JOB SUMMARY:
The Visitation Monitor will provide and monitor family visitations to families identified and/or referred by the Judiciary, attorneys, mediation programs or themselves as needing such services related to family violence and child development. This position communicates with family members, other staff members, and Program Management and service providers. This position is under the direct supervision of the Program Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Behaves in a manner that supports the agency's mission and follows personnel policies and procedures.
2. Provides family visitation services to all families referred to the program, observes family dynamics and behaviors.
3. Provides interventions and recommendations as needed focusing on parenting, problem-solving, and communication skills.
4. Prepares assessment and observation forms in accordance with PACT policies and procedures.
5. Provides safe and welcoming environment for family members and the Family Visitation Center staff as scheduled, including monitoring of the parking lot, monitoring the location of family members in the Center, and intervention in potentially harmful incidents as required.
6. Enters and maintains all client documentation on families by completing required forms, reports and correspondence, and maintaining and inputting documentation in eHana in an accurate and timely manner.
7. Participates in all team and staff meetings, conferences, trainings, and workshops as arranged by the Program Supervisor.
8. Adheres to all rules and guidelines regarding client confidentiality.
Education / Training:
Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent, required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, counseling, or other related field, preferred.
1. One (1) year experience in direct services to children and high risk families, required.
2. Experience involving interaction with the Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or domestic violence and non-violent de-escalation techniques, preferred.