RECRUITMENT NO. : 1886
PROGRAM : Oahu Family Peace Center
JOB TITLE : Child Care Provider
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : On Call
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jan 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : I. JOB SUMMARY
The Child Care Provider supervises children under their care during meetings where parents participate in Family Peace Center activities. This position is under the direct supervision of the Puuhonua Program Supervisor.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Behaves in a manner that supports the agency's mission and follows personnel policies and procedures.
2. Cares for and supervises children as needed while parents are receiving services.
3. Supervises children using non-violent forms of discipline, based on love and support.
4. Encourages the children to learn non-violent methods of dealing with anger and other emotions.
5. Provides written documentation of client contact and other pertinent information in agency database system, eHana, in a timely manner.
6. Participates in the agency’s Performance and Quality Improvement Program.
7. Contributes to team wellness and maintains a clean, safe, healthy work environment.
8. Follows the established safety procedure including changing diapers.
VIII. QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Skills / Knowledge
1. Able to communicate and work effectively with people of diverse social, economic, age, gender and racial backgrounds.
2. Works in partnership with other team members both in the agency and in the community.
3. Ability to respect the individuality and confidentiality of persons served.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of childcare or early child development.
Education / Training
High School Diploma required.
One (1) year experience in childcare required.