RECRUITMENT NO. : 1884
PROGRAM : Maui Family Peace Center
JOB TITLE : Group Facilitator
ISLAND : Maui
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : On Call
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Apr 30, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : JOB SUMMARY
The primary responsibility of the Maui Family Peace Center Group Facilitator is to facilitate domestic violence groups involving activities to increase an individual’s information, skill development and positively change the individual’s personal behavior. This position is under the direct supervision of the Maui Assistant Program Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Behaves in a manner that supports the agency's mission and follows personnel policies and procedures.
2. Participates in planning and preparation for a variety of domestic violence intervention groups.
3. Facilitates a variety of domestic violence intervention groups. Completes individual assessment for group participants and enters data into eHana when assigned.
4. Attends to the safety of victim/survivors and children.
5. Assures timely maintenance of accurate record keeping and data input on clients enrolled in the group.
6. Communicates regularly with co-workers and supervisors about the progress of clients and the development of groups.
7. Regularly attends agency/program staff meetings and trainings, as designated.
8. Participates in the agency’s Performance and Quality Improvement Program.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Skills / Knowledge
1. Possesses the ability to recognize and maintain appropriate professional boundaries in relationships with clients and co-workers.
2. Communicates and works effectively with people of diverse social, economic, age, gender and racial backgrounds.
3. Respects the individuality and confidentiality of persons served.
4. Works in partnership with other team members both in the agency and in the community.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of domestic violence and issues related to violence against women.
6. Works with and relates to consumers in a supportive and caring manner.
7. Possesses communication, problem solving, counseling and facilitation skills.
Education / Training:
Bachelors Degree in related Human Services field, required.
1. Must have basic personal computer skills.
2. Must be familiar with the dynamics of domestic violence, child development or related