RECRUITMENT NO. : 1959
PROGRAM : Oahu Family Visitation Centers
JOB TITLE : Center Monitors
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : On Call
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jul 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : Parents And Children Together (PACT), one of Hawaii’s leading private not-for-profit family service agencies recognized for our service excellence and family-friendly atmosphere is searching for reliable and flexible individuals to fill the positions of Center Monitor for PACT’s Family Visitation Center.
What will you be doing?
• Perform safety, office and clerical duties in the center software and computer-aided manufacturing
• Ensures a constructive environment for family members and the Family Visitation Center staff
• Welcome all children and parents, check in clients and monitor parking lot
• Check items to be used during visitations to ensure only allowable items are permitted
• Identify concerns and acts to minimize potential for unsafe visitation environment through escort of clients to other locations, consultation with clients, or other de-escalation means as needed.
Required Education / Training:
1. Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor degree preferred.
2. Possess or be able to obtain Hawaii Guard certification within introductory period.
3. One (1) year experience working with children and high risk families, preferred.
4. Experience involving interaction with the Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or domestic violence and non-violent de-escalation techniques, preferred.