RECRUITMENT NO. : 1836
PROGRAM : Kauai Family Visitation Center
JOB TITLE : Kauai Visitation / Center Monitors
ISLAND : Kauai
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Part Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jan 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : Part-Time – up to 20 hours weekly (Day/ Evening Shifts available plus Weekends)
The Kauai Visitation/Center Monitor will provide family visitation services to families identified by the Judiciary, attorneys, mediation programs or self-referrals.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ensures a constructive environment for family members and visitation center staff
• Welcome all children and parents, monitor parking lot, check-in participating clients and check items to be used during visitations to ensure only allowable items are brought into the center
• Identify concerns and act to minimize potential for unsafe visitation environment though escort of clients to other locations, consultation with client, or other de-escalation means as needed
• Respects the individuality and confidentiality of persons served and works in partnership with them and their families toward mutually established goals
• Attends court hearings as required by subpoena
Education / Training:
Bachelor’s Degree in Social work, Psychology, Counseling, or other related field preferred. Minimum of a High School Diploma, required. Must possess or obtain the State of Hawaii Security Guard certification within the first three (3) months of employment and as required.
One (1) year experience in direct services to children and high risk families, required. Experience involving interaction with the Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or domestic violence and non-violent de-escalation techniques, preferred.