RECRUITMENT NO. : 1932
PROGRAM : Administration
JOB TITLE : Director of Human Resources
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jul 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : Do you want to positively impact the future success of our children? We are seeking an experienced Director of Human Resources with a proven track-record of success in leading HR functions and to ensure the agency maintains the highest possible quality workforce to carry out the mission, goals, and objective of the organization. This position functions with a strategic focus, yet still requires hands-on employee relations and policy advising, teaching and people development on a routine basis. Supervises two exempt Generalists and part-time administrator.
What you will be doing: (Just some of the things you will be asked to do- Don’t worry, you won’t be bored!)
• Review and make recommendations to Executive Leadership for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
• Work with Executive Leadership, Program Directors and staff, to grow the culture of collaboration and relationship management at the organization and program levels.
• Participate fully in both management and administration teams, promoting leadership, transparency, and self-directed development throughout the organization. Mentor and develop HR staff.
• Provide coaching to managers and supervisors to enhance their leadership skills and improve employee engagement.
• Review all discipline and termination requests, ensure proper documentation, and manage unemployment claims.
• Work with brokers to evaluate and recommend changes to benefit plans, plan renewals and communicate open enrollments.
• Oversee Leave and Disability programs.
• Oversee pay equity surveys, and make data-driven recommendations.
• Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization’s compliance.
• Own and administer AAP, and other compliance reporting.
• Partner with Fiscal and Programs to ensure adequate staffing levels to meet client and budget needs.
• Ensure qualified staff through on-going recruiting and on-boarding programs with HR and Programs. Leverage social media and other recruiting mediums to enhance candidate pools.
• Effectively communicate verbally and through written or electronic formats (intranet, newsletters, etc) and provide back up for executive team members as PACT organizational representative as needed.
Education / Training Experience:
1. Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resource Management or related field, required.
2. Masters degree and SHRM or other relevant certification highly desirable.
3. Four (4) or more years’ experience in Human Resources in a large organization (250+ employees) required. (Federal contractor, State of HI contractor, and non-profit experience highly desirable.)
4. Three (3) years of experience managing a human resources department and multiple exempt staff, required.
5. We are going through upgrade with ADP WorkForce Now, so experience is highly desirable.