RECRUITMENT NO. : 1854
PROGRAM : Early Intervention and Family Strengthening Services Programs
JOB TITLE : Hoomau Senior Home Visitor
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jan 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : Parents And Children Together (PACT) is seeking a Senior Home Visitor for our Hoomau Home Visiting Program to provide home visiting support services to high-risk families with young children who have been involved with alleged child abuse and neglect to improve maternal and child health, child safety, and child development knowledge.
The desired candidate will:
• Provide home based child abuse prevention services to high risk families with young children, ages 0-3.
• In partnership with families, promote positive parent and child interaction and parenting, increase child development knowledge, promote family's interaction with the community and improve health-seeking behaviors
• Develop meaningful Family Service Plans (FSP) that addresses risk factors and maternal child health and safety
• Administers developmental screens and assessments such as the ASQ and ASQ-SE, as well as the Nursing Satellite Assessment Training (NCAST) HOME and Teach
• Enters and maintains all clinical and contact documentation on families by completing required forms, screens, and assessments, and maintaining and inputting documentation in eHana and funder database system in an accurate and timely manner
• Provides linkage to community resources and follow-up with support services as needed, teaching families to identify and access resources throughout the process
• Conducts creative outreach activities designed to engage hard-to-reach families, in a consistent, yet respectful manner
Education / Training Experience:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent, minimum required.
2. Two (2) – three (3) years professional experience working with children and families e.g. pre-school/day care provider, parent educator, child skills trainer.
3. Associates Degree or equivalent preferred.