RECRUITMENT NO. : 1860
PROGRAM : Early Head Start/Head Start Program
JOB TITLE : Early Head Start Home Visitors
ISLAND : Hawaii
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Nov 30, 2017
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : Provide a head start for school success! Assist families to be the best that they can be by providing a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment where both parents and children can continue to grow. The Early Head Start Home Visiting Team implements an individualized and comprehensive early childhood education program for prenatal women, children ages birth to three (3) years and their families in a home-based model.
What you will be doing:
• Provide individualized comprehensive early childhood education services to Head Start families and acts as a family educator and advocate; promotes best practice and acts as a resource person.
• Coordinates and completes weekly lesson plans that are centered on the development of the child through individualized small and large group activities. Emphasis is placed on preparing children for preschool and engaging families throughout the process.
• Coordinate with parents to ensure that prenatal, well-child exams, immunizations, health screenings, and nutrition assessments are complete and necessary follow up occurs.
• Complete Individualized Family Partnership Agreement, Individualized Learning Plans, developmental screenings and all other required assessments with families in accordance with program policies and procedures.
• Maintain accurate written/electronic records including: health information, ongoing assessments, family contact documentation, screening schedule, observations, and other required forms in a timely manner.
• One year full-time experience working with children at an appropriate age level for the position, required.
• One year full-time experience as a home visitor or working with children and families in a home based model, preferred.
Home Visitor II – Education Requirements:
• Child Development Associates Certificate (CDA), required.
Home Visitor III – Education Requirements:
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or related field, required.