RECRUITMENT NO. : 1861
PROGRAM : Early Head Start/Head Start Program
JOB TITLE : Parent Child Educator I
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Nov 30, 2017
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : Provide a head start for school success! Assist families to be the best that they can be by providing a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment where both parents and children can continue to grow. The Parent Child Educator I implements an individualized and comprehensive early childhood education program for prenatal women, children ages birth through three (3) years of age and their families in a center-based model
What you will be doing:
• Provides individualized comprehensive early childhood education services to Early Head Start families and acts as a family educator and advocate; promotes best practice and acts as a resource person.
• Individualizes curricula to meet the identified needs of each child and family and ensures the linkages to needed resources.
• Implements special education services for children with special needs and their families. Participates in the development of an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and an Individual Family Support Plan (IFSP) using the program’s IFPA form and participates in case conferences as requested
• Assists with the scheduling and administering of developmental screenings.
• Organizes and maintains required classroom records in accordance with established standards.
• Assists in the overall management of the site.
• Utilizes identified curriculum which supports each child’s development within the family, recognizing that all learning takes place in the context of relationships and is critically affected by those relationships. Supports positive parent-child relationships and provides the child with experiences so that they develop a sense of self-worth, competence, and independence.
1.Child Development Associate (CDA) Infant Toddler, required.
2. Thirty (30) hours of infant toddler training, required.
3. Caregiver qualified as documented through the Hawaii Child Care Registry
4. Two (2) years full time experience working with children under 36 months of age in a licensed ECE Program or Center.