RECRUITMENT NO. : 1877
PROGRAM : Early Head Start/Head Start Program
JOB TITLE : Family Advocate (West Oahu)
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Sep 30, 2017
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : Provide a head start for school success! Assist families to be the best that they can be by providing a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment where both parents and children can continue to grow.
The Family Advocate works directly with families in the areas of social service, health, nutrition, and dental care facilitating family engagement and helping them identify and meet their own goals.
What you will be doing:
• Identify , recruit, and enroll families who are eligible to participate in the Early Head Start Child Care Partnership program
• Serve as the primary liaison between families and the program communicating regularly with families in center and home base settings
• Consult, develop, and implement plans with families to assist in identifying their strengths, needs, and goals
• Collaborate with program staff to provide and/or link families to needed services and community resources
• Plan and participate in parent committee meetings including agendas, minutes, training, and parent workshops and activities
• Submit accurate and timely statistics and reports for accountability
Education / Training:
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
• Must have either:
o One year paid, full time experience in human services or related field; OR
o Associate degree in Human Services or Family Resources or related field
• Current Driver’s License and daily access to an insured vehicle required