RECRUITMENT NO. : 1879
PROGRAM : Early Head Start/Head Start Program
JOB TITLE : Early Childhood Education Coach
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Sep 30, 2017
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : The Early Childhood Education Coach provides training and technical assistance to support teaching staff in the implementation of early childhood curriculum.
What you will be doing:
• Collaborate and work cooperatively with teaching staff to enhance classroom/ socialization practices by developing shared professional development goals through focused observations and providing active and reflective feedback.
• Coordinates a systematic approach to identify and meet the needs of assigned teaching staff as part of the coaching relationship.
• Assist assigned staff with creating their professional development goals and support staff in achieving those goals as part of the coaching program.
• Conducts weekly and/or bi-weekly classroom/home visits, socialization observations and meetings with teaching staff to discuss implementation strategies and provide feedback.
• Meets regularly with the Assistant Director, Area Managers and Education/Disability Specialists to discuss the progress and future direction of the coaching program.
• Provides resources to the teaching staff such as books, journals, articles, workshops, and linkages on best practice as it relates to early childhood education.
Education / Training:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood education, Child Development or related field, required.
• Two (2) years’ experience in an Early Childhood education setting, required.
• Experience providing coaching support to direct line staff, preferred.
• Current Driver’s License and daily access to an insured vehicle required