RECRUITMENT NO. : 1887
PROGRAM : Early Head Start/Head Start Program
JOB TITLE : Head Start Area Manager - Kalihi
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jan 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : The Head Start Area Manager is responsible for the implementation of the comprehensive early childhood education program and the coordination of the daily operations of the area under his/her responsibility. This position communicates with staff members, other supervisors, community partners, and families. Our ideal candidate must possess sound knowledge of child development with leadership skills and the ability to inspire and motivate program staff in a creative, resourceful, and supportive manner.
1. Must have either:
a. Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or child development, OR
b. Bachelor’s degree in another filed with 12 credits in early childhood education.
2. Two (2) years supervisory experience. Supervising early childhood education teaching staff preferred.
3. Two (2) years experience working with young children (birth to 5 years old) and families.
Why should you apply?
• Earn a competitive salary
• Be a part of a team who promotes and supports healthy individuals, families and communities.
• We offer a comprehensive Health and Wellness benefit package, agency-paid life and disability insurance, a great 401k (with up to 4% match) retirement plan, as well as generous paid time off benefits.
• We are an organization who is regularly recognized for our family friendly atmosphere and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Hawaii.