RECRUITMENT NO. : 1892
PROGRAM : Early Intervention and Family Strengthening Services Programs
JOB TITLE : Family Support Specialist
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jan 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : Parents And Children Together (PACT), one of Hawaii’s leading private not-for-profit family service agencies recognized for our service excellence and family-friendly atmosphere is searching for an experienced and creative Family Support Specialist on the Island of Maui.
What you will be doing:
• Provide voluntary, culturally appropriate, and strengths based services related to child safety concerns to families who are at-risk for child abuse and neglect
• Conduct home visits, engaging families into services through persistent, creative outreach
• Provide social services consisting of parenting skill building, child development education and alternatives to corporal punishment
• Link families to needed community resources
• Complete clear, concise and non-judgmental written and electronic documentation
• Communicate and work effectively with individuals of diverse social, learning capability, economic, age, gender and racial backgrounds
Required Education / Training:
• Bachelor’s Degree in, social work, sociology, psychology, or human development, required.
• One (1) year of experience working in the area of child abuse and neglect prevention, including domestic violence and substance abuse issues, required.
We offer: A comprehensive Health and Wellness benefit package, agency-paid life and disability insurance, a great 401k (with up to 4% match) retirement plan, as well as generous paid time off benefits