RECRUITMENT NO. : 1907
PROGRAM : Early Intervention and Family Strengthening Services Programs
JOB TITLE : Skill Builders - Voluntary Case Management Program
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jan 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : Parents And Children Together (PACT), one of Hawaii’s leading private not-for-profit family service agencies recognized for our service excellence and family-friendly atmosphere is searching for Skill Builders to provide outreach services to families in the VCM Program and provide hands-on, individual or group, culturally appropriate sessions that may include parenting, practical life skills, role modeling, nutrition, and planning.
What you will be doing:
• Provides home visits or community based visits to families referred to the program, focusing on parenting, problem solving, and communication skills and assisting the client in reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors.
• Responsible for implementing parenting curriculum, knowledge of community resources available and to do warm hand-offs to service provider, and understand how substance abuse and domestic violence affect families.
• Conducts assessments and observation forms in accordance with funder and state guidelines, and Parents And Children Together’s policies and procedures.
• Responsible for supporting the families in completing goals on the IPP to reach permanency.
Required Education / Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or a related field plus a minimum of one (1) years relevant experience, required, OR
• High School diploma plus a minimum of two (2) years’ relevant experience under the close supervision of personnel who at minimum has a Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, and/or a related field.
• One (1) year of experience working in child abuse and neglect prevention, including domestic violence and substance abuse issues, required.