RECRUITMENT NO. : 1910
PROGRAM : Early Intervention and Family Strengthening Services Programs
JOB TITLE : Family Specialist
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jan 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : The Family Specialist will provide short-term, home-based interventions with families who are expereinceing personal and/or emotional difficulties. Our ideal candidate will sucessfully motivate families to seek long-term treatment and counseling in areas such as subtance abuse, intimate partner relationships, and maternal abuse.
Essential Job Functions Include:
• Provide home visits to families and performs either a brief or comprehensive psycho-social assessment.
• Participates, together with the family and the home visitation team, in the development of the Individualized Family Support Plan (IFSP) for assigned families, and acts as a care coordinator when necessary.
• Provide short-term, home-based clinical interventions to families as appropriate, motivates and prepares the families or individual family members for long-term treatment and counseling services, as appropriate.
• Provide routine case consultation to the Home Visitors on working with families involved in substance abuse, intimate partner abuse, maternal depression and other mental health issues.
• Attends group outings and conducts educational sessions for families in areas such as stress management, anger management, dealing with conflict, and assertive communication, and conducts and/or coordinates in-service training as required.
• Identify appropriate community resources for families, e.g. mental health providers and other community agencies, as needed; develops relationships with those resources to allow for a smooth transition into services; provides referrals to appropriate resources; and actively encourages clients to follow-up on referrals.
Education / Training Experience:
1. Masters degree in social work, psychology, or counseling, required plus one (1) year experience in social work, clinical psychology, nursing or counseling, required; OR
2. Bachelors degree in social work, psychology, or counseling, required plus two (2) year experience in social work, clinical psychology, nursing or counseling, required.
3. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, and daily access to an insured vehicle.