RECRUITMENT NO. : 1911
PROGRAM : Maui Family Peace Center
JOB TITLE : Crisis Advocate
ISLAND : Maui
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jan 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : The Crisis Advocate is responsible for providing advocacy, crisis counseling, case management and support services to sex trafficking victim/survivors
Our desired candidate will:
• Screen and provide intake for victims/survivors of sex trafficking from community, partner, and self-referrals. Plans, conducts and completes intake/assessments, safety planning, home visits, and case management services in accordance with agency and program procedures. Provide enhanced crisis counseling follow-up services at specific time intervals based on the needs of the client.
• Respond to sex trafficking crisis calls in the communities of Maui, Molokai, and Lanai.
• Plan and provide individual counseling, crisis intervention and/or advocacy, as designated.
• Plan, coordinate and implement ongoing outreach activities on all three islands, involving communities, agencies, schools, and government partners.
• Coordinate service activities as needed between Parents And Children Together departments and partner agencies on behalf of the survivors. Participates actively in TVAP network and maintains all client and outreach activity records required by TVAP supervision on behalf of the network.
• Assures timely maintenance of accurate record keeping, data input, data collection and management of client information, payment processing and court reporting on clients.
Education / Training Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in social services field required. A Master’s Degree in a social services field is preferred.
2. Two (2) years relevant experience in the field of domestic violence.
3. Two (2) years relevant experience providing direct client service within a trauma-informed care arena.
4. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, and daily access to an insured vehicle