RECRUITMENT NO. : 1913
PROGRAM : Oahu Family Peace Center
JOB TITLE : Counselor / Advocate
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Apr 30, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : Parents And Children Together’s Family Peace Center is seeking a Counselor / Advocate for the Kuleana Unit who will specialize in working with offenders of domestic violence including victims, surviviors, and children exposed to domestic violence. Our ideal candidate will assist in the development of trauma informed cirriculum, facilitate groups and assist in outreach efforts.
The desired candidate will:
• Plan, conduct and complete intake/assessments in accordance with agency and program procedures
• Plan and provide individual counseling, case management, outreach, visitation, crisis intervention and/or advocacy to program participants
• Assures timely maintenance of accurate record keeping, data input, payment processing and court reporting
• Work collaboratively with other staff, community members, clients, and client collaterals
Education / Training Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related human services field, required.
• Must be familiar with the dynamics of domestic violence, child development, or related field, required.
• Demonstrates knowledge of domestic violence, family dynamics, facilitation, group dynamics and issues related to domestic violence against women or intimate partner violence (IVP).