RECRUITMENT NO. : 1919
PROGRAM : Maui Family Peace Center
JOB TITLE : Counselor / Advocate
ISLAND : Maui
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jul 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : Parents And Children Together’s Maui Family Peace Center is seeking a Counselor / Advocate who will specialize in working with victims, survivors, and offenders of domestic violence. Our ideal candidate will assist in the development of trauma informed curriculum, facilitate groups for victims, survivors, and offenders, and assist in outreach efforts.
The desired candidate will:
• Plan, conduct and complete intake/assessments in accordance with agency and program procedures
• Plan and provide individual counseling, case management, outreach, visitation, crisis intervention and/or advocacy to program participants
• Attend to the safety of survivors and children
• Assures timely maintenance of accurate record keeping, data input, payment processing and court reporting
• Work collaboratively with other staff, community members, clients, and client collaterals
Education / Training Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a related human services field, required.
Must be familiar with the dynamics of domestic violence, child development, or related field, required.
Demonstrates knowledge of domestic violence, family dynamics, facilitation, group dynamics and issues related to domestic violence against women or intimate partner violence (IVP).
Why should you apply?
• Earn a competitive salary
• Be a part of a team who promotes and supports healthy individuals, families and communities.
• We offer a comprehensive Health and Wellness benefit package, agency-paid life and disability insurance, a great 401k (with up to 4% match) retirement plan, as well as generous paid time off benefits.
• We are an organization who is regularly recognized for our family friendly atmosphere and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Hawaii.