RECRUITMENT NO. : 1966
PROGRAM : Oahu Family Visitation Centers
JOB TITLE : Center Monitor
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jul 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : The Center Monitor performs safety, office and clerical duties in the center and works in collaboration with the Program Supervisor and other Family Visitation Center Staff. This position is under the direct supervision of the Program Supervisor.
What you will be doing:
• Behaves in a manner that supports the agency's mission and follows personnel policies and procedures.
• Ensures a constructive environment for family members and the Family Visitation Center staff, including welcoming all children and parents, monitoring of the parking lot, checking in participant clients and checking items to be used during visitation to ensure only allowed items are permitted in the visitation, and ensuring clients are in appropriate spaces within the Center.
• Identifies concerns and acts to minimize potential for unsafe visitation environment through escort of clients to other locations, consultation with client, or other de-escalation means as needed.
• Accurately completes all necessary forms, reports and correspondence in a timely fashion.
• Answers the telephone and performs general clerical duties as assigned.
• May assume responsibility for assessing and collecting client fees.
• Participates in all team and staff meetings, conferences, trainings, and workshops as arranged by the Program Supervisor.
• Adheres to all rules and guidelines regarding client confidentiality.
1. Minimum of High Diploma or equivalent, required.
2. One (1) year experience working with children and high-risk families, preferred.
3. Experience involving interaction with the Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or domestic violence and non-violent de-escalation techniques, preferred.
4. Possess and maintain State of Hawaii Security Guard certification within six (6) months of employment.