RECRUITMENT NO. : 1967
PROGRAM : Early Head Start/Head Start Program
JOB TITLE : Assistant Teacher (Hilo)
ISLAND : Hawaii
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jul 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : Provide a head start for school success! Assist families to be the best that they can be by providing a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment where both parents and children can continue to grow.
The Assistant Teacher will:
• Work with the teaching team to implement an individualized and comprehensive early education program for children ages 3-5 years and their families
• Implements special educational services to children with special needs and their families
• Advocates on behalf of the children and their families for comprehensive services
• Participates in the development of an Individual Educational Plan (IEP)
• Assists with the scheduling and administering of developmental screenings
• Organizes and maintains required classroom records and reports
• Ensures and maintains a safe, healthy, stimulating, individualized developmentally appropriate learning environment
Required Education / Training:
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Must have either:
• Child Development Associate (or ability to obtain within two years,) and 6 months paid full-time experience working in an Early Childhood Education program (at the time of hire), OR
• Associate degree (or ability to obtain within two years,) and 6 months paid full time experience working in an Early Childhood Education program as a lead teacher (at the time of hire).