RECRUITMENT NO. : 1969
PROGRAM : Early Head Start/Head Start Program
JOB TITLE : Family Advocate (Hilo)
ISLAND : Hawaii
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jul 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : The Family Advocate works directly with families in the areas of social service, health, nutrition, dental care and family engagement, helping them identify and meet their own goals. This position is under the direct supervision of the EHS Child Care Partnership Program Manager.
What you will be doing:
• Identifies, recruits, and enrolls families eligible for participation in the Early Head Start Child Care Partnership program.
• Serves as the primary liaison between the families and the program communicating regularly with families in center and home settings.
• Is responsible for consulting with all assigned program families to assist them in identifying their strengths and needs, establish goals, and develop overall plans with specific steps for implementation and follow up, and works with other staff to identify and provide on going services to meet the needs of the families.
• Collaborates with program staff to provide and/or link families to needed services and community resources.
• Submits accurate and timely statistics and reports for accountability. Reporting includes, but is not limited to, monthly attendance, recruitment, enrollment, health screenings and follow up.
• Is responsible for all parent committee meetings including agendas, minutes, training, and parent workshops and activities.
• Participates actively in assessment and performance and quality improvement activities for EHS/HS and PACT.
Education / Training/Experience:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent, required
2. Must have either:
• One year paid, full-time experience in human services or related field
• Associate degree in Human Services or Family Resources or related field