RECRUITMENT NO. : 1971
PROGRAM : Early Head Start/Head Start Program
JOB TITLE : Health Specialist
ISLAND : Oahu
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : Full Time
COMPENSATION : * To be discussed during interview
CLOSING DATE : Jul 31, 2018
*All resumes with cover letter must be submitted by the specified closing date.
DESCRIPTION : Do you have what it takes to be a Champion? We are seeking an experienced Health Specialist who can manage and champion the health and nutrition guidelines within Early Head Start / Head Start standards and coordinate all appropriate health resources needed by the children and their families enrolled in the program.
What you will be doing:
• Serve as a mentor and resource on health issues for program staff, providing recommendations regarding best practices for current health issues
• Ensure that plans developed by the nutrition consultant meet the Head Start standards and are carried out in a timely way.
• Link families with an on-going system of health and nutrition care, assists parents in the selection of health providers, counsels them about child or family health problems, and promotes parent engagement in all aspects of the health program; responds to requests for referrals from consumers in a timely manner.
• Is responsible for the Health Advisory Committee and is responsible for obtaining memoranda of understanding (MOU) with local health care professionals and service providers to ensure that services for families are available and accessible.
• Is responsible for the review, evaluation, and interpretation of health and nutrition records and other vital health service data.
• Is responsible for the health and safety practices in the program and coordinates safety and sanitation procedures, first aid, and emergency medical procedures.
• Is responsible for coordinating parent training related to health, including on-site consultation.
Required Education / Training:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in health, public health, or related field required.
2. One (1) year experience in a healthcare, public health setting, or early childhood education, required.
3. One (1) year experience working with children and families, required.